Nadeen is a Certified Freelance Makeup Artist based out of Waterloo, Ontario. Her business is versatile in that she is a mobile artist -an artist who travels to their location- serving Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, and throughout. Her specialties include bridal makeup, fashion, and photography. Nadeen’s philosophy, uprooted from her love for the art of makeup, is bringing out everyone’s natural beauty by enhancing their best features to compliment their skin, style, and personality.
“Interview with Faces by Nadeen”
(1) When did you realize you wanted to become a MUA?
– I’ve always loved and been good at doing makeup. My friends and family would even ask me to do their makeup. Seeing online makeup artists and makeup gurus inspired me to try different looks on myself and others. After practicing for a little while, I decided to take a makeup course with L’ateliar School of Makeup. Now I’m working as a freelance makeup artist and loving every minute of it!
(2) What inspired you to start?
-I’ve always loved doing my makeup and had a passion for trying new looks. After getting compliments on my makeup, I finally decided to try out some looks on my friend for the first time. Right away, I knew I enjoyed it and realized it was something I should pursue.
(3) How would you define your personal style?
-I love finding new trends and inspiration through traveling and seeing different textures, patterns, and colors. I would say my style is fun and sophisticated. I try to make what works for myself and others and enhance it to bring out inner beauty.
(4) Who is one of your inspirations?
-I get inspiration from lots of different makeup artists. One of my biggest inspirations is Carli Bybel. She was one of the first YouTube Gurus I followed. She is amazing at teaching others makeup and you can really learn from her videos. I think Carli is very talented and creative and love the looks she creates.
(5) What keeps you motivated?
-My love for makeup is what keeps me motivated. I get all these great ideas and inspirations and want to keep creating new looks and never stop. The positive feedback from my friends, family, and followers is what keeps me going as well.
(6) What is your favorite thing about your job?
-My favorite thing about my job is seeing my work on someone and being able to make it come to life. I love the feeling of seeing how happy my clients are and feel about themselves when I’m done. It’s a feeling like no other that makes me fall more and more in love with what I do every day.
(7) What does your craft mean to you?
-Everything! Craft means being able to create something unique, that’s yours and only yours. It means being able to make your idea come to life. My craft is important to me because it represents me.
(8) What is the most important thing to you about your brand?
-That my clients are happy. They make it all possible and I will always make sure that they are satisfied.
(9) Any pregame rituals?
-Music! I need music to hype myself up and put myself in the right mindset before I begin my work. I always like to spend some time getting to know my clients to make them feel comfortable and get a feel for what they want in their glamover.
(10) What is a random fact about yourself?
-I looove food! Especially ketchup chips.
(11) What advice would you give to someone who would like to become a MUA?
–Practice, practice, and more practice. Ask your friends, family, and anyone you know to let you work on them. The more you do what you love, the better you get. Start a blog, Instagram page, website, and whatever it takes to get your name out there. It takes a lot of determination so don’t give up!
(12) Where do you want to be in 5 years?
-I want my brand and work to be recognized internationally while working with faces from people around the world as a respectable makeup artist. Eventually, I hope to start my own affordable makeup line and magazine.