Beat Me Fab Cosmetics’ was founded by freelance makeup artist, Stacie Owens. Though Owens admits to have already been naturally good at makeup artistry, she credits her fundamental knowledge of makeup to Ruby’s Beauty and Makeup Academy, located in Upland, California. After school, Owens begin to notice the lack of differentiation in a lot of makeup brands. There were many things she appreciated about these brands, but at the same token, she still understood that the makeup game lacked something. From here, Beat Me Fab Cosmetics was birth.
“Interview with Stacie Owens”
1. What inspired you to start?
– I had been working in an office for 8 years and felt so trapped. I have a passion for makeup and wanted to make it a part of my everyday life. Me being a makeup artist, I feel like I have a great understanding of what people need and want when it comes to makeup, so I decided to follow my dreams.
2. When did you realize you wanted to start your own makeup line?
– About three years ago. I was just scared to quit my job and take a risk but I got sick of being scared and wanted to take a chance. I felt like I wasn’t getting any younger and I just had the feeling that now was the time.
3. What does your craft mean to you?
– That’s somewhat in-explainable, but I will try my best to explain it. I love makeup! I love doing makeup! I love that you can do any and everything with makeup. I think it is something that will always be around. So many different cultures use makeup, in many different ways. It brings me joy just to talk about it right now, I love it that much.
4. Who are one of your inspirations?
-Adriana Rossil. She was one of my teachers at Ruby Academy. She always gave me that push and was always so happy and joyful to teach and show us how to do makeup. She always went above and beyond and that made me love makeup so much more.
5. What keeps you motivated?
– I refuse to be unsuccessful. I want to show other women that we can be successful and inspire as many women as possible. I want to be someone other young women can look up to and show them to always follow their dreams.
6. How would you describe your personal style?
– Urban and trendy. A little wild with the colors I put together! That’s what keeps me feeling young and fun.
8. Any pregame rituals?
– I don’t have any pregame rituals besides having faith in God and always thanking Him for every blessing He has given me. I stay prayed up.
9. What is the most important thing about your brand?
– I love that my customers get more then what they expect from my products. I want to make sure their skin stays hydrated and moist, so I use the best ingredients in my products.
10. What is a random fact about yourself?
– I lived on California my whole life and just recently decided to move to Las Vegas.
11. What advice would you give someone wanting to start their own cosmetic line?
– Make sure to do your homework. Research like crazy!
12. Where do you want to be in five years?
– I would like to have opened my own physical cosmetic store. I want my cosmetic line to go worldwide and be huge!