BN Phactory was born in St.Louis, Missouri. He is a self taught photographer who started his photography career during his high school years. BN has grown to be one of today’s top photographers to look out for. He travels often to New York and is known for his in camera creative lighting skills while also specializing in creative fashion photos. One can expect a relaxed atmosphere while shooting with BN Phactory, and you can also guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
“Interview with BN Phactory”
(1) What inspired you to start BN Phactory? I saw a dope photo someone took and loved it and wanted to create my own. Around the same time, I started shooting photos for my high school yearbook & fell in love with it.
(2) When did you realize you wanted to start your brand? My senior year of high school.
(3) What does your craft mean to you? Photography is everything to me. It feels unnatural to think of anything else as a profession.
(4) Who is one of your inspirations? Believe it or not, Michael Jackson. Though my biggest photographer inspiration is Mike Ruiz.
(5) What keeps you motivated? Wanting to learn, grow, & become the best.
(6) How would you define your personal style? Relaxed.
(7) What is your favorite thing about your job? Doing in-camera effects and editing. Also, I love when people see a photo of themselves & feel beautiful.
(8) What is the most important thing to you about your brand? Staying fresh & the urban feel of my work.
(9) Any pregame rituals? Listening to dope music before each shoot. (Nicki Minaj, Iggy Azalea, Pusha T, Dai Burger, She’s Ryan, etc.).
(10) What is a random or interesting fact about yourself? I’m obsessed with the 90s. And I have an adorable dog.
(11) What advice would you give to someone who would like to become a photographer? Shoot as often as possible and do everything you can to stay motivated. This is a tough business & there will be a lot of ups & downs.
(12) Where do you want to be in 5 years? Hopefully shooting in NYC, & would love to photograph some big musicians by then.
Check out Some of BN PHACTORY‘s Work in the gallery below