“AshleyDBeauty is a lifestyle and beauty vlogger on YouTube, a woman who is after God’s own heart, a freelance make up artist, and a fashion enthusiast,” summed Ashley. AshleyDBeauty’s Youtube channel is quickly growing, making her a driving force in the beauty industry and an overall inspiration to women everywhere.
Interview with AshleyDBeauty
(1) When did you realize you wanted to become a Beauty and Lifestyle Vlogger?
– I realized I wanted to become a Beauty and Lifestyle Vlogger my sophomore year in college. I came up with my name in my dorm room, started my business email account, set up my paypal account…everything. I didn’t have a single video or subscriber, but I knew that’s what I wanted to do!
(2) What inspired you to start?
– I started my YouTube channel because friends and family told me, for years, that would be the fastest and easiest way to teach them how I style my hair and apply my make up. So I went out on a limb and just started my channel one evening in my dorm room!
(3) What does your craft mean to you?
– Everything! I believe God is allowing me to inspire and help others, not just enhancing their outer beauty, but changing their hearts! It’s a beautiful thing.
(4) What keeps you motivated?
– Definitely my father, friends, and subscribers. Since starting YouTube I can honestly say I’ve had so much support!
(5) Who is one of your inspirations?
– It may sound super cliché, but The Word of God! There is so much knowledge and wisdom that is poured into you when you read His word, I’m inspired by the life of those in the Bible and their heart for God.
(6) How would you define your personal style?
– Girly and chic! I love pink, I love heels, and I love anything with sequins and glitter! But I like to keep it classy and modest.
(7) What is your favorite thing about your job?
– I make my own schedule! I film, edit, and upload whenever I want.
(8) What is the most important thing to you about your brand?
-Image. Hands down.
(9) Any pregame rituals?
– I always drink a glass of water before I start filming, then I press the ‘record’ button and spend the first five minutes fixing my hair and practicing my intro! It never fails.
(10) What is a random fact about yourself?
– I absolutely love poetry and spoken word.
(11) What advice would you give to someone who would like to become a YouTuber?
– Just start! I know so many people contact YouTubers they deem “successful” and ask them a ton of questions, and then they wait for the absolute perfect time, then they spam other people’s comment section because their channel isn’t growing! Instead of wasting all that time, just start! Not everyone is going to rock with you in the beginning, and subscribers don’t come over night. Believe in yourself and your craft, and your channel will speak for itself.
(12) Where do you want to be in 5 years?
– I want to be a college grad, working in the beauty industry, happy with my portion in life! That’s it. Most of all I want to be happy.